Office Space For Rent & Sale, Leasing Office In Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
The criterion for choosing office for business in Vietnam
Choosing which building to rent is an important decision because the relationship between the landlord and tenant will usually last many years.
To minimize the risk of having an unreliable landlord, the tenant can perform a multi-step leasing process:
1. LOCATION OF THE OFFICE
The location of the office is quite important criteria. This should be a convenient location for business, branding and transaction, direction and good feng shui.
The ideal location is clean, bright with green trees, beautiful scenery, convenient for travel. In addition, renters need to pay attention to flooding in some area.
Surrounding the area, dining and entertainment services are also very important. For example, some areas have recently been rent because of the many office populations around. In addition, having a good location is also convenient for recruiting because most employee want to have a workplace close to home not too far from the center.
2. OFFICE RATE
This is also important when you are looking for a rental office. Need to choose the office with the price suitable of the company.
Rent depends on many factors such as location near the center or not? Who is the property management? Leased area ? The equipment in the building, etc.
Note that the rent from a leasing company will be subject to a tax rate of 10%, while the rent of private owner with tax rate of about 23% depending on the area. The rent includes tax or not need to clarify from the beginning, in addition, as shown in the contract should be stated that the tax included each tax department has a different understanding of this tax. Some office buildings, the rent includes electricity regulator during office hours, however some buildings do not apply this rule.
In addition, the calculation of electricity bills outside the office hours is also quite controversial because outside office hours are often not used at full capacity of the air conditioning system. The division for each area contributes to lowering the cost.
3. OFFICE FACILITY
On office equipment, emphasis should be given to the importance of elevators, basements, air conditioning systems, restrooms and decorative materials. These facilities will determine the value of use of the entire building in the long term. It is not hard to see the enthusiasm of the people who work in old buildings when they are waiting for the elevator or for the restroom. In addition, leaky toilets, or an empty office room, are annoying. That will be one of the points that few staffs can tolerate.
Office buildings should have a stable power supply system due to some technical features of the supply system and, if a power failure occurs, can result in large cost savings. A power failure can lead to confusion in the ventilation system or stop the transmission of computer data - causing data loss and time-consuming recovery. The greater the computer system, the longer recovery time after being affected by the power system disruption, resulting in reduced productivity and increased repair costs.
On the other hand, it is advisable to choose buildings with adequate parking for employees and guests to visit. Lack of parking will take time for staff and guests.
4. SERCURITY AND MANAGEMENT QUALITY
Security of the office should be guaranteed because the company assets is very valuable. If sercurity around the office is not good it will not only affect company asset, but also saft of employees.
Regarding building quality, check out the floor plan, better office means better space optimization. The layout must be designed in a way that tenant can easily arrage the office equipments.
5. OFFICE SPACE
The office space will be determined based on the number of employees, the company's long-term strategic development plan.
- The average area for actual work space of businesses that can accommodate employees is 4 sqm / person (including public area, technical, auxiliary and service areas).
- The business expansion plan depends on the size of the office, so you need to pay attention to this before renting. Should this condition be negotiated with the owner to minimize the costs incurred when your company wants to expand the scale later.
Note, there are cases when the lease you will have to pay office space and the use of common areas such as corridors, walkways, toilets, etc.
The difference between the payment of these two areas can be up to more than 20% of the total rent, so you should calculate the area properly and negotiate carefully to avoid contradictions in the contract afterward.
6. INFRASTRUCTURE, SERVICE AND ADDITIONAL COST
When choosing to rent your office do not forget to ask if the rate includes full of services plus infrastructure, services, this is an important factor to ease the operation of the company.
- Management Fee: If you rent office space in an office building, you will have to pay a certain management fee for each office area. This fee includes: management costs for security, maintenance, reception, electricity, water, common area's lighting ...
- Parking space - Prices & quantity: There is a number of office buildings that provide a certain amount of parking space for your company, but most of the company's requirements always exceed that number. So before renting and signing a contract, you should seek direct consultation from the owner about the parking space and costs, if not meet the needs of your company, you have to make sure your car is parked right near the office and suitable for different types of vehicles at affordable prices.
- Time to repair and decorate the office: Certainly depending on business purposes, corporate culture of the company that before the official operating date, you will spend time moving and decorating. This will cost you one to two months, so you should negotiate with the owner for free repairs, or to cover some of the costs of repairs and redeployment.
Customer service strategy is always the first priority of the investor so you do not hesitate to negotiate to achieve the best office position for your company at the most affordable price.
7. LEGAL ASSURANCE
Considering the legal procedure accompanied by stable price, reasonable risk reduction is also a business criteria should pay attention to choose the best quality rental office.