March 02, 2018
Vietnam real estate promises to be one of the most prominent industries in Southeast Asia
The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Vietnam has witnessed the significant
This article will clearly distinguish what you need to know for renters and for buyers to assist you with the right information and to help you understand the proper procedures. According to Article 161 of the 2014 Housing Law, foreigners are allowed to own houses in Vietnam through two forms:
- Investing in housing construction under projects in Vietnam;
Consequently, foreigners are allowed to own apartments and separate houses in housing construction investment projects.
Apartments for rent are among the most popular real estate types among foreigners
Unlike the condition to buy a home, the rental procedure is much easier for everyone, both domestic and international citizens. Individual (foreigners), who lease a house must have the full civil capacity. They have to stand by themselves to sign contracts related to renting houses in accordance with the law of Vietnam. And must be subjects of housing ownership in Vietnam under the Housing law. It is not required to register permanent residence or temporary residence in the place where the house is traded.
When you decide to rent a house to live in, you must keep the following in mind for your personal benefit:
- Having specific address and information, outside the security and
- Located in a separate area (not sharing the same apartment or sharing the same door as another apartment)
- Ensuring an adequate supply of electricity, water, sanitation and other essential conditions, safety in structure and construction.
- Ensuring security and order conditions.
- Ensuring fire prevention and fighting (with certificates issued by the provincial/municipal Fire Department or district-level fire prevention and fighting police departments)
- There is no dispute over ownership, right to use.
Housing conditions for foreign organizations and individuals to rent houses in Vietnam are specified in Articles 131, 132 and 133 of the Housing Law as follows:
Foreign organizations and individuals are allowed to enter Vietnam for a period of 3 or more consecutive months and Vietnamese residing overseas may rent houses in Vietnam.
Houses in Vietnam for rent to overseas Vietnamese, foreign organizations and individuals must fully meet the following conditions:
- Having been granted a house ownership certificate;
- Must be individual houses or self-contained apartments;
- Quality assurance and safety
- Ensuring electricity, water supply, environmental sanitation and other essential conditions;
- There is no dispute over ownership, right to use.
Specific guidance and advice will make buying your home easier
In the South, most ex-pats live and work in urban regions such as District 1, 2, and 7 (counting Thao Dien and Phu My Hung Villa/apartment zones) of HCMC and the encompassing regions like Binh Duong, Dong Nai,
Each region tends to be populated by outsiders from certain nations. For illustration, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Singaporean individuals frequently populate District 7 of HCMC, whereas numerous westerners from the UK, France, or the U.S.
Lease expenses change drastically based on area. In HCMC in 2011, at the Saigon Pearl loft condominium (Binh Thanh Area), the month to month rental charge for a two-bedroom, outfitted flat was around US$1
The rental cost
Compliance with real estate laws will help protect your own rights
A remote individual is permitted to purchase and claim a condo in the event that he/she is:
- Utilized as a supervisor by local
- Adds to Vietnam and is conceded an award by the President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam or is perceived by the Prime Minister;
- Works in eco-social fields have at any
- Weds a Vietnamese resident.
- Outside organizations and people contribute within the development of houses beneath ventures in Vietnam in agreement with the Housing Law and important laws.
- Foreigners are permitted to enter Vietnam.
Foreigners can possess houses in Vietnam through the taking after two bunches of forms:
- Contributing to lodging development beneath ventures in Vietnam;
- Purchase, lease buy, get as endowments, acquire commercial lodging counting flats and isolated houses in lodging development speculation ventures, but for regions of national guard and security agreeing to controls of the Government regulations.
- The frame of the house buy or rent implies that the tenant pays in progress to the lessor 20% of the esteem of the house, but for cases where the tenant is able to pay in development, the instalment might not surpass 50%;
- The remaining payable sum might be calculated as a month to month lease to be paid to the lessor for a positive term; after the expiry of the house-purchase-house rent expiry and when the leftover portion of the house lease has been paid, the tenant may possess the house.
- Therefore, outsider
You may consider carefully and fully prepared before deciding to invest
According to real estate exchanges under the Vietnam Association of Real Estate Brokers, most of the high-end and extravagance ventures in HCMC as of
Remarkably, projects "The Fantastic Manhattan" is a complex of buildings found at 2 fronts of Co Bac - Co Giang road within the
There are high-class apartment projects in strategic locations such as
In District 2, infrastructure projects are fully planned. Where a series of apartment projects, houses, luxury villas are being built, land prices range from 35 to 47 million /
Particularly in District 7, there is an important strategic position in the economy in the south of Saigon, attracting a lot of projects. Updating the progress of new projects in District 7 is in the process of completing and opening for sale. Some outstanding projects such as The Kenton Node, Saigon Peninsula, Vincity, additionally,
See more: Property Law in Vietnam for Foreigners
If you are finding a guide to set up a business in Vietnam, visit here: Setting Up A Business in Vietnam as A Foreigner
I hope this article will help you in deciding your dream apartment when living in Ho Chi Minh city. If you need any help from local expertise with free searching services (the only landlord
Enter your email address to receive good tips about foreigner community